January 2019 Meeting
DHS ProGrad Meeting - DHS Library
January 9, 2019
Meeting began at 6:40pm
Ericka reported that the Park Lane Jewelry fundraiser made $118.00. Low turn out due to last minute organization.
Peggy reported that pizza sales resumed on 1/9 and they made $483.95. Plans to order at least 5 more pizzas for first lunch next time. She also reported that the Chick-fil-a fundraiser only earned $47.08 and will not be repeated. Amanda Guerrero will pursue a fundraiser with Guru.
The Kendra Scott fundraiser is 1/31/2019. We will get 20% of all foot traffic between 6pm-8pm, any call in orders will get free shipping. Committee discussed advertising it, Arlana will ask Highlands PTO to advertise and Ericka will have it placed on the DHS marquee a week before.
Arlana gave an update on the dinner/auction fundraiser. She asked people to solicit donations from local businesses. Volunteers will be needed and asked to work in shifts for check-in, auction table, wine pull, check-out, et.al. Table center pieces will be designed and for sale, with a drawing for a Visa gift card. It was agreed students would perform during the dinner and Angela Jones will discuss with the band booster club. Arlana also asked Angela to send a constant contact email specifically about the is dinner/auction. An auctioneer is needed, James Patterson has done it in the past and Ericka will try to contact him.
We are still in need of Auction Items. Possible Items to ask for: Gift Cards, Scratch Off Tickets, Game Tickets, Weekend Getaways, etc. Open to more suggestions.
We have 12 tables that seat 10 people. It was suggested to have bottles of wine donated, a sign up genius will be sent out, and will coordinate distributing wine to winners as alcohol is not permitted on campus.
Upcoming Spirit Nights were not discussed / Carrie not present
Conquista gave a financial update, as of 1/7/2019 we have $14,615.20.
102 Seniors have paid Student Dues
Cost for Walk Up was discussed and agreed on $20 / Reduced Lunch Students to pay $10
A date for the fashion show was set for Thursday, March 28, pending approval. Peggy will contact DHS to confirm date is available. This after spring break and before prom, which is on April 27. Tracy Rivera looked up last year’s notes and it was held on a Wednesday with 2 rehearsals prior. Cost was $7/adults and $5/students. Students that paid senior dues will receive a ticket as part of their dues. After the meeting concluded a committee was formed to organize the Fashion show. Committee will organize contacts to assist with hair/make-up. The meeting adjourned at 7:35.
Next meeting scheduled for 1/23/2019 at 6:30. Parents were asked to bring donations for silent auction.
DHS ProGrad Meeting - DHS Library
January 23, 2019
Meeting began at 6:36pm
Dinner/Auction – Peggy reported we have currently sold 3 tables plus 2 tickets. Discussion ensued about ways to promote event:
Arlana asked if we can get a discount price for volunteer students, Peggy offered to ask QVCC.
Peggy will copy the dinner/auction committee on all emails to QVCC and others.
There was a discussion about the auction check-out process and it was decided that
Program for night will include Greeting, National Anthem, Appetizers, Live Auction, Dinner and then Live Auction again. Arlana would like for Jr. ROTC Color Guard to present the flags, Peggy offered to contact Cholly. Arlana will also recruit about 12 student volunteers to help out that night.
Ericka asked if the committee plans to sell raffle tickets at the event and “split the pot” with the winner, committee responded that they did and Peggy confirmed we have raffle tickets.
Peggy announced that FBISD has agreed to let us auction off one suite at Stafford Center for graduation. Suite holds approx. 20 people.
Peggy gave an update on Kendra Scott – they will serve Champaign, water, sweets and nuts. This is a change from past events where wine was served. It was requested to forgo the nuts, at least peanuts, due to allergies.
Fashion Show – March 28 was approved.
Audio/Visual – past coordinator for audio/visual is not available to help but will send us suggestions. Committee proposed that each student model can pick a song and intertwine music from the 60’s to commensurate DHS’s 60 year anniversary. Committee would like to get a student volunteer to coordinate a music playlist. It was suggested to ask Mr. Blake Minor, theater teacher, to assist. Skylar volunteered to ask him.
Refreshments will be served that include cookies and/or cake, lemonade and water.
Mandi requested a budget for the show and Peggy replied that the officers will discuss and get back to her.
Fundraisers: Guru is interested in hosting a fundraiser for us and Mandi will coordinate with them. Peggy suggested Feb. 7, 19 or 20 to not conflict with other fundraisers
Next pizza sales are Jan 31 and Feb. 28.
Meeting concluded at 7:53.